Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thirsty Thursday - Let's Get Chocolate Wasted!

Today is the first day of our Fall break and most of the college students have packed up and headed home for the weekend. Then, there are the rest of us who are sitting around wondering what to do on a Thursday night in a small college town. Typically, "Thirsty Thursday," is practically a holiday for college students, but I don't join in on those festivities - I'm a homebody! Tonight feels like a movie night cuddled up to a wonderful boyfriend and a fulfilling cup of hot cocoa. 

Instead of the, "Swiss Miss," instant pack of hot chocolate mix, I wanted to give homemade hot cocoa a try. After all, I did I sucker my boyfriend, Ryan, into watching the movie, "Chocolat." So naturally, I felt even more inspired to make homemade hot cocoa! (If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend that you do. It's absolutely wonderful!) 

(Dun-Dun-Dun-Dunnnnn!) Pinterest to the rescue!


I came across an interesting take on hot cocoa... 

Spanish Spiced Hot Cocoa!



Here's what you'll need to make this Spanish Spiced Hot Cocoa:

NOTE: These ingredients make 6 cups!


1. 6 Cups of Skim Milk
2. 3 tbsp cocoa powder (I prefer Ghirardelli)
3. 3 tbsp white sugar
4. 1 tsp vanilla extract
5. 2 tsp cinnamon
6. 1/2 tsp chili powder
7. 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 
8. Fat free cool whip for topping

Pour all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the ingredients are fully combined and the milk is hot.  Pour your cocoa into a crafty mug. Add the cool whip on top to make it cutesy, and a pinch of cinnamon for style!


Enjoy!


There's nothing like homemade hot cocoa. It's rich, creamy, and has a nice little kick from the chili powder. I absolutely love it! Give it a try! I promise you'll love it!





It's Thirsty Thursday! Grab a blanket, your favorite movie, and a loved one.... because we're getting chocolate wasted!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Question, COMMENTS, or concerns.... Pin(terest) them here!